|✻ Available on Scale and Enterprise plans. Click here to upgrade your account.
When creating automation workflows in beehiiv, the Referral Milestone Hit trigger allows you to enroll your subscribers in automations based on their referral activity when one or two things happen:
- The subscriber hits a pre-existing referral milestone
- The subscriber achieves a new referral count of your choosing
This beneficial trigger can be used for a variety of use cases. It can help you to better engage subscribers who are actively referring to your publication, provide exclusive content access through automation emails for subscribers reaching specific referral counts, and generally foster greater awareness and engagement with your top referrers.
How to use the Referral Milestone Hit trigger
1. From the left hand panel in your account, go to Write > Automations and then either create a new automation or open an automation that you would like to update.
2. Once in the automation builder, click on the Add Trigger button.
3. From the panel that opens on the left, click on Add Trigger and then select Referral Action from the trigger options.
4. You’ll have 2 action options to choose from for the trigger: Referral Milestone Hit or Referrals achieved.
Referral Milestone Hit: Use this trigger to enroll subscribers based on the milestones you have previously set up in your account. After selecting one of the options from the dropdown, you can also set up further conditions for the trigger by clicking on Add Conditions.
Referrals achieved: Use this trigger to designate the number of referrals your subscribers need to achieve the milestone. You can enter any value for referrals here and you can also set up further conditions for the trigger by clicking on Add Conditions.