|✻ Available on Scale and Enterprise plans. Click here to upgrade your account.|
The Update Subscription node in the automation workflow builder allows you to update the following subscription details within an automated journey:
- Subscriber Status (active, inactive)
- Custom Fields (set by users - examples include age, birthday, interests, cohort)
There are numerous ways to use this capability; you can update custom fields for users who complete a particular sequence, update their status by engagement, identify users from a certain source, and so much more!
How to use the Update Subscription node in an automation
1. From the left panel in your account, go to Write > Automations and then either create a new automation or open an automation that you would like to update.
2. Once in the automation builder, use the Update Subscription node to edit subscription details, select Edit Attributes.
To update subscriber status, select the status you would like the subscriber to be updated to in the dropdown, choose from Active or Inactive.
To update a custom field, select Add Custom Field and choose the custom field you would like to update and then input what the field should be updated to.
To delete a custom field, select Add Custom Field and choose the custom field you would like to delete, and leave the data field blank.
3. Review your selections and click on Save.
Pro Tip: If you want to create a new custom field to use for this automation, you can do so by going to the Audience > Custom Fields > Create Custom Field, and this where you will see all of the custom fields used in your account.