Welcome to the exciting new feature from beehiiv: Boosts!
This powerful tool is set to be one of the most consequential features we've launched. It is designed to help users grow their publications and monetize their newsletters.
This article will focus on the 'Grow' side of Boosts.
What are Boosts?
Boosts is a marketplace feature that allows you to grow your newsletter by defining the exact cost per acquisition of subscribers. You can adjust this as much or as little as you like. The subscribers you gain through this feature are guaranteed to be active and additive to your ecosystem. If they're not active, you don't pay for them.
How to Access and Use Boosts?
1. Accessing Boosts: To use this feature, go to the 'Grow' tab on the side menu and click on 'Boosts'. This will open a new screen.
2. Creating a New Offer: To start, click on 'Create New Offer'. Name your offer and set your cost per acquisition. You can set this based on what you're currently paying on other channels.
3. Defining Your Target Audience: You can also define who your target audience is. This information will be displayed to beehiiv users below the description of your newsletter, helping them decide if your newsletter is a good fit for them.
4. Duration of the Campaign: Set how long you want your campaign to run. At the end of this period, your boost will deactivate.
5. Adding Funds: Once your offer is created, it'll be in a draft phase state. To create a budget, click on 'Add Funds', which will take you to Stripe. The minimum budget is $50 and the maximum is $10,000 per transaction. You can refill your wallet using multiple transactions.
6. Publishing Your Boost: Once you've added funds, go back to your boost screen and publish your boost. You can also disable it anytime if you do not wish it to show up.
How Do Users See Your Boost?
Once you've published your boost, it will show up in the 'Explore Offers' section for users. They can select the offer they prefer. When a user hits the 'Earn' button on your offer, it goes into a pending state, allowing you to accept or decline the request.
What Happens When Your Boost is Accepted?
When your boost is accepted by another user, it shows up in the 'Active Publications' section. We go through a process where we verify every subscriber to ensure they're not just valid, but active. During this process, the subscriber will be in a 'Pending' status until they're proven to be a real person and active. Once confirmed, they will be moved to the 'Accepted Subscriber' category.
We hope you find the new Boosts feature useful and exciting. As always, we can't wait to see what you build with it on beehiiv!