This article covers what happens if a user marks an email as spam.
When a subscriber marks your email as spam, and in some cases depending on your subscribers’ ISP, a few things will happen:
- When a user marks an email as spam (for any ISP other than Gmail), we automatically prevent further emails from being sent to them.
- Gmail doesn't send spam complaints to providers, so there's no way to remove those users from receiving future emails.
- Their status remains as active in beehiiv, but we mark them as inactive on the backend.
- The spam threshold is 0.1% - anything above that is considered unhealthy and can impact deliverability.
You’re able to see how many spam reports you've received in the app via:
- Write > Posts > Analytics tab under Spam Reports
- Analyze > Posts Report under Spam Reported
- This is available on the Grow plan and up!