When a new subscriber signs up for your newsletter it is important that they confirm their email and mark it as important. Ensuring you leverage our smart nudge functionality + leveraging double optin are the first two steps here.
A new subscriber will first need to confirm their email address before they receive your welcome email.
One thing you can do is create a custom standalone page. This page can be used to welcome new subscribers and also set expectations on next steps. For example, confirming their email address and marketing your emails as important within their inboxes. This will set your welcome email and all future emails up for success.
Here is the process on how to set up a custom standalone page and have it be your default redirect option after someone opts in to your newsletter.
3. Click on Website
4. Click on Navbar tab
5. Scroll down to the Pages section and click on "add internal page"
6. If you already have a page ready click on the three dots drop down option to edit.
7. Click on Edit
8. Make sure you add to website as a Standalone Page
9. Once all content is finished click on Save Changes
10. Click on Save within module pop up
11. Click on arrow to go back to settings
12. Click on three dots and click "view" so you can see the live page and copy the url
13. Now we want to add that url to your subscriber flow. So click on Website
14. Click on Advanced
15. Click on Subscribe Flow
16. Click on Edit of the last subscriber flow option to set up redirect
17. Now paste in your custom page url here
18. Click on Update Redirect to save
19. Make sure that step in the subscriber flow is toggled “on”
20. To test go to your publication and enter in any email to view what a new subscriber will see during your subscriber flow.
21. First step in this particular subscriber flow is a form.
22. Click on Submit
23. Based on this form a thank you page will show. Press Continue.
24. Now you will be redirected to your custom standalone page with subscriber instructions to ensure your email gets whitelisted and marked as important.